Posted on December 1st, 2015 in Blog
| No Comments »
At Dr.Tavel we know how important affordable vision coverage is to our patients. That’s why we gladly accept The Healthy Indiana Plan (HIP), Medicaid & Hoosier Healthwise.
Based on age and eligibility, a member can receive an eye exam and a pair of glasses annually.
- One eye exam per year for members under 21 years old.
- One eye exam every two years for members over 21 years old.
- Additional examinations must be medically necessary. Eyeglasses (including frames and lenses)
- One pair of eyeglasses a year for members under 21 years old.
- One pair of eyeglasses every five years for members over 21 years old. An exception to this is if your prescription changes significantly you may be eligible for new lenses sooner.
- Repairs or replacements of eyeglasses for reasons that are beyond your control. Examples include fire, theft or a car accident.
Getting Eye Care Services
Since The Dr. Tavel Optical Group is contracted with the state of Indiana, to take advantage of your eye care benefits, you can call, or schedule an appointment at any Dr.Tavel or Vision Values by Dr.Tavel location.
Click here to view the frames that are covered.