We all know yearly checkups are recommended for the doctor, and the yearly visit to the dentist keeps our teeth healthy. Eye health is just as important! Many people think their eyesight is just fine, but many eye problems don’t have noticeable symptoms. Don’t risk your chance to see more clearly. Make the decision for healthy vision and schedule your eye exam today.
Someone In Your Family May Be At Risk
- Almost one in four school-age children have an undiagnosed vision problem that interferes with learning.
- People age forty and older are at greater risk for glaucoma, cataracts and other potentially sight-stealing diseases.
- Older drivers with vision impairment are 200% more likely to be involved in an auto accident.
- More than 10 million Americans suffer serious vision and health problems as a result of computer usage.
- More than 90 percent of sports-related eye injuries could have been prevented by wearing protective eye wear.
Your Family Is Counting On You
Your family counts on you for a lot of important things. Make sure healthy vision, which improves everyday activities at work, home, and play, is one of them. Take time today to schedule an eye exam
for each family member, including elderly parents.
An Hour of Time is a Small Price to Pay
Tens of millions of Americans are too busy to realize they have uncorrected vision problems, and this can lead to worsening eyesight. For children, undetected vision problems can lead to difficulties in school. The sooner problems are diagnosed, the better the chances are for successful treatment.
“There are a lot of diseases we can pick up that are symptom-less. For instance, between a third and half of the population who have diabetes are unaware of their condition. Often times, a routine eye exam picks it up.”
-Larry S. Tavel, M.D.,
President of the Dr. Tavel Optical Group.
Make the Decision for Healthy Vision
Still not sure you need an eye exam? Close your eyes and imagine what it’s like not to see. Then open them and schedule appointments every member of your family, including yourself. After all, an hour of time is a small price to pay for healthy vision.
Your Eyes are Windows to Your Health
During an eye exam
, Dr. Tavel can detect early signs of serious health problems such as diabetes or hypertension. Early diagnosis can make a big difference in treating these conditions and decreasing costs.